Start tea leaf business – Tea is a beverage that every Indian craves. It is believed in research that 90% of Indians drink tea at least twice a day. It is said that people can get rid of fatigue by drinking tea. That’s why most people drink a cup of tea after going home from the office or work. Due to this, their stress goes away.
In such a situation, if you open a tea leaf factory, then you can earn very good profits. This is a business whose demand is never going to decrease. Similarly, you can also earn money by setting up a tea leaf factory.
If you want to get complete information about Tea Leaf Factory then you can stay with us till the end.
tea-producing states in India
In India, tea leaves were first cultivated in the hilly region of Assam and West Bengal. But gradually there was a huge growth in it and in today’s time, tea leaves are being produced in 18 states. Which is produced in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Orissa, Bihar, Assam, West Bengal, etc. But the production of tea leaves is the highest in Assam and West Bengal, which accounts for 50% of the country’s production. About 30% is produced in Kerala, Karnataka, and 20% in the rest of the states.
How to set up a tea leaf factory
If you want to start a business by setting up a tea factory, then you have to plan for it.
in which you can indicate the following points
- First of all, you have to find out how much money you will need to set up a tea leaf factory.
- After that, you will need a place to set up the factory.
- Apart from this, you should be aware of the raw materials used in this business.
- And how will the packaging of tea leaves be done.
- Now you have to find out which machines will be required in the tea leaf business and what will be the cost of the machines.
- How many employees will we need to start the tea leaf business?
- Which license do we need to start this business?
- How much money can be earned by manufacturing tea leaves.
All these points have to be reflected in your project report. So that you can get complete information about the tea leaf manufacturing business.
A place for Tea Leaf Factory
First of all, you will need a place to start this business. Where you can easily start a tea leaf business by installing your machines. To set up a factory, you have to take the place outside the market or village. Where big vehicles can easily come, apart from this, you have to keep in mind that the place where you are choosing to start this business, there should be enough electricity and water system. Because to set up a factory, you need water and electricity the most. That’s why you have to make arrangements for water and electricity first. Let us tell you that to start a tea leaf factory, you will need at least 4000 square feet of space.
Machine For Tea Leaf Manufacturing
To set up a tea leaf factory, you will need many types of machines which are as follows
- Eight-Inch Roller CTC Machine
- eight-inch ss rotorvan machine
- dryer leaf drying machine
- Fiber X Tractor Machine
- medilton sartan machine
- Vibro sartan machine
With the help of other machines, you can easily start a tea leaf manufacturing plant.
tea leaf making process
The process of making tea leaves is very long. People must have thought that tea leaves are made from the fields. But it is not like that, we would have told you that the tea leaves that are broken from the gardens are ready to be sold in the market after the 6th processing. Making tea leaves is not that easy. It takes you a lot of time to make it, then a tea leaf is made.
Let us tell you how tea leaves are made. To you have to go through the following process.
- First of all, the work of removing the moisture from the tea leaves is done. Which is called weathering process. This process is done in two ways. In the first process, the leaves are dried in the open air. And in the second process, the moisture of the leaves is removed by chemicals. The first process takes about 4 hours. And the second process takes about 15 to 16 hours. It may take around 20 hours to complete both these processes.
- The second process is that of rolling which has a curved table inside and a bottomless box in which the leaves are put and rolled i.e. it is rolled around.
- In the third process, tea leaves are put in the citizen machine and curling machine. Due to this, the leaf is harvested and it is given different types of shapes.
- In the fourth process, the leaf is vaporized to clean it of bacteria. Which is kept in a room in an aluminum tray and the temperature is set according to the need. After that the color of the leaf becomes red like the color of copper, then this process is considered complete.
- In the fifth process, the leaf is dried after seeing a temperature of 90 degrees, after which the tea leaves are ready.
- The leaves made in the chhati process are sorted, in which dust, soil, pebbles, wood, sand, etc. are separated. Now, this leaf is ready to be sold in the market.
In this way, you can make tea leaves by following these six steps.
employees for the tea leaf business
You will need workers to run the tea leaf factory. Because a single person cannot run a big factory. So you will need different employees for different jobs. Because one or two people are required to operate each machine in the factory. So that he can easily deal with his work. That is why you have to first decide how big a factory you want to open. According to the number of employees you will need in that factory, you can select the employees.
tea leaf packaging
After the tea leaf bun is ready, the next step is for us to package it.
For packaging tea leaves, you have to keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, you have to choose the brand name of your factory.
- After that, you have to bring different types of pouches from the market. Now the brand name of your company will have to be hidden on those pouches.
- Now you have to do different types of packaging. For example, packaging of 100 grams, 200 grams, 500 grams, 1 kg, 2 kg, and 5 kg pouches will have to be done.
- After packaging, your complete tea leaves will be ready to sell in the market.
The required license in the tea leaf business
- To start a tea leaf manufacturing business, first, you have to get permission from the Tea Board of India. Without this, you cannot start a tea leaf manufacturing business. However, the board has now started giving permission to set up small factories. In a small factory, you are allowed to produce 225 kg of tea leaves daily. In big factories, you get permission to prepare 450 to 500 kg of tea leaves. Register exemption is available under TMCO for setting up such a factory. Along with this, the subsidy is also available under small production.
- A license is also to be obtained from the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India.
- To set up a factory, a factory license has to be obtained, and the necessary conditions and rules of the factory department have to be followed by the industries department of the state where the factory is to be set up. A license is required to run a factory.
- The name of the company has to be kept, which has to be registered with the Registrar of Companies under the Shopping Act.
- What is the size of the company, one personal company, partnership, LLP, a private company has to be prepared.
- For GST, you have to bring the GST number.
- If you want to export to foreign countries, then the IEC code has to be obtained for that.
- A PAN card is necessary for the name of the company or business person.
- For transactions in the business of the company, it is necessary to open a current account in a bank.
- Apart from this, permission has to be taken from the officials of the Central, State Governments, and local administrations like Gram Panchayat, Municipality, Town areas, etc.
- To protect your brand name, you have to get a trademark license.
Cost of setting up a tea leaf factory (investment)
You will need a lot of capital to start this business. If you have that much capital then you can start it but if you do not have that much capital, then you can start your business by taking a loan from a bank.
If you want to know the cost of setting up a factory, then we are trying to tell the cost of this step by step in the following points.
- First of all, you have to install machines, which can cost up to 40 lakh rupees.
- Apart from this, you will have to buy raw materials worth three to four lakh rupees.
- The cost of chemicals etc. to prepare tea leaves will be 60 to 70 thousand.
- Apart from this, employees will have to pay 30 to ₹ 40000 every month.
- If you have your own space, then you will not have to pay for it. But if you do not have the space to start this business. So you have to take 4000 square feet of space.
- Apart from this, you will have to pay the electricity bill every month.
- If we take all the expenses together and make an estimate, then you will need at least 70 to 80 lakh rupees. Then you can open a tea leaf factory.
profit in tea leaf business
If you start a big business of tea leaves, then it will cost you more. The higher the cost, the higher the profit. You have to know that the tea leaves business does not run for 375 days, this business runs for 200 days a year. Accordingly, you can produce one lakh kg of tea leaves in a year, and out of the profit you make by selling this tea bar, 30% of the profit will be your net profit.